Dropping Databases

От David Rickard
Тема Dropping Databases
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
We're working in PostgreSQL 7.3.4; we created a couple of test databases to get familiar with postgres, then attempted to drop them, using DROP DATABASE <dbname>; however, get kept getting the following error message:
        ERROR:  DROP DATABASE: database "<dbname>" does not exist
We could connect to <dbname>, it was listed as a database when we did psql -l, we could list the tables and select rows from those tables--but we could not drop the database; we finally deleted it's entry from pg_catalog.pg_database (which we suspect is a dangerous action, and which presumably does not eliminate the database disk files);

Any ideas?

--

David Rickard
Software Engineer

The GTS Companies:
GTS Publishing Services, GTS Graphics, GTS Innova:
Your Single-Source Solution!
Los Angeles CA  *  York, PA  *  Boston MA  *  New Delhi, India

David.Rickard@GTSCompanies.com
Visit us on the World Wide Web
http://www.gtscompanies.com
5650 Jillson St., Los Angeles, CA 90040