could not bind socket for statistics collector

От Graham Clarke
Тема could not bind socket for statistics collector
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi - I'm trying to get postgres 7.4.2 going on RedHat ES

The build went fine but I get the following when trying to start postgres
with this command:

[postgres@brothers bin]$ ./pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/ -o "-i" start

LOG:  could not create IPv6 socket: Address family not supported by protocol
postmaster successfully started
[postgres@brothers bin]$ LOG:  could not bind socket for statistics
collector: C
annot assign requested address
LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2004-05-11 10:12:17 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/9B12D8
LOG:  redo record is at 0/9B12D8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 536; next OID: 17142
LOG:  database system is ready

Thanks in advance for help & insight into what's going on here.

Cheers
Graham

Graham Clarke
GrahamC@53Tech.com