Re: lost database

От Naomi Walker
Тема Re: lost database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm assuming you are using pg_dumpall for your backups.  In that case, i'd restore the instance somewhere else, and pg_dump the one database.

At 09:12 AM 12/9/2003, Jodi Kanter wrote:
I am working with someone who has been running creating and maintaining his own database. He somehow managed to blow away his database and needs to restore. However, he has not been running regular dumps because he figured the tape backups were enough.
Is there anyway that I can assist him in retreiving his tables from backup tapes? I am not sure how or where that data is stored.
Thanks
Jodi Kanter
--

Jodi L Kanter

Naomi Walker                         Chief Information Officer
                                              Eldorado Computing, Inc.
nwalker@eldocomp.com           602-604-3100
Never eat more than you can lift.  - Miss Piggy

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.