Re: Problems upgrading to 7.4

От Hilary Forbes
Тема Re: Problems upgrading to 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have the problem and the solution now after much tears.  The problem was that we had managed to get ascii codes 13s
into text fields in the source database.  These were being exported into the dump and this was making the COPY FROM
stdinprocess throw a wobbly.

We are now running an intermediate process to strip out the ascii code 13s and *think* that this will solve the
problem.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem......

Hilary

At 13:15 08/07/2004 +0100, Hilary Forbes wrote:

>Sorry!  Meant pg_dump to dump and cat myfile.txt | psql mydatabase to restore.  I have dumped just the offending table
outas a separate file but this makes no odds.  I seem to recall that last time I tried pg_dump in compressed format
under7.1.3 it wouldn't restore so I haven't tried that.