Re: Large database help

От xbdelacour@yahoo.com
Тема Re: Large database help
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
By my reading, the machine is definitely swapping, and not writing to a log
file (unless its writing obscene amounts of data to the log, which
presumably the default settings won't do).

postmaster -i -D /home/mg/pgsql -B 100

produces almost identical results in terms of performance and disk
activity. top shows that each child only has 2.2MB shared instead of 12MB.

What other program/means do I have to tell if the machine is swapping? Can
I get a reading as to the amount of data that is actually in physical
memory within a process?

-Xavier