Re: Reg: Records Size

От John Barham
Тема Re: Reg: Records Size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 11/11/05, sandhya <sandhyar@amiindia.co.in> wrote:
> please...tell me if there is possibility of finding  out the size of a
> record in the specified table.
> Is there any built in function to know the size of each record by passing a
> query?
> I need this Inorder to allocate the memory after retrieving the records.
> Pls suggest me.

You are not giving enough information.  What programming language are
you using?  What do you mean by a "record"?  Do you want to know much
memory to allocate to store each tuple resulting from a query?  If so,
that will obviously depend on the type of each column and the size of
each field.

  John Barham