Re: bad planning with 75% effective_cache_size

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: bad planning with 75% effective_cache_size
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Istvan Endredy <istvan.endredy@gmail.com> wrote:

> i've ran into a planning problem.

> If effective_cache_size has a greater value (6GB), this select has
> a bad planning and long query time (2000ms):

Could you try that configuration with one change and let us know how
it goes?:

set cpu_tuple_cost = '0.05';

I've seen an awful lot of queries benefit from a higher value for
that setting, and I'm starting to think a change to that default is
in order.

-Kevin