Re: Subquery in a JOIN not getting restricted?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Subquery in a JOIN not getting restricted?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:

> If I had made the scores table wider, it might have gone from the
> user table to scores on the index.

Bah.  I just forgot to put an index on scores.user_id.  With that
index available it did what you were probably expecting -- seq scan
on questions, nested loop index scan on users, nested loop index
scan on scores.

You weren't running you test with just a few rows in each table and
expecting the same plan to be generated as for tables with a lot of
rows, were you?

-Kevin