Re: Adding more memory = hugh cpu load

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Adding more memory = hugh cpu load
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
alexandre - aldeia digital <adaldeia@gmail.com> wrote:

> I came to the list to see if anyone else has experienced the same
> problem

A high load average or low idle CPU isn't a problem, it's a
potentially useful bit of information in diagnosing a problem.  I
was hoping to hear what the actual problem was, since I've had a few
problems in high RAM situations, but the solutions depend on what
the actual problems are.  I don't suppose you saw periods where
queries which normally run very quickly (say in a millisecond or
less) were suddenly taking tens of seconds to run -- "stalling" and
then returning to normal?  Because if I knew you were having a
problem like *that* I might have been able to help.  Same for other
set of symptoms; it's just the suggestions would have been
different.  And the suggestions would have depended on what your
system looked like besides the RAM.

If you're satisfied with how things are running with less RAM,
though, there's no need.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Adding more memory = hugh cpu load
Сообщение: Re: Adding more memory = hugh cpu load