Re: Cleanup of same archive used by multiple standbys

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Cleanup of same archive used by multiple standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
A J <s5aly@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What is the suggested technique for cleaning up an archive
> location shared by multiple standbys. Looks like pg_archivecleanup
> cannot be used as %r refers to last restartpoint of only a single
> standby server.  Do I need to create a custom script that somehow
> determines the latest common restartpoint of ALL the standbys and
> then manually run pg_archivecleanup with that value ?

I seem to remember that in a previous discussion of this the best
idea seemed to be to create a hard link to the file for each
standby, such that when the last standby cleans up the file, it is
actually deleted.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Cleanup of same archive used by multiple standbys
Сообщение: Re: Cleanup of same archive used by multiple standbys