Re: "error with invalid page header" while vacuuming pgbench data

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: "error with invalid page header" while vacuuming pgbench data
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
John Rouillard <rouilj@renesys.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 05:21:04PM -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> John Rouillard <rouilj@renesys.com> wrote:
>>
>> >  I seem to be able to provoke this error:
>> >
>> >    vacuum...ERROR:  invalid page header in
>> >             block 2128910 of relation base/16385/21476
>>
>> What version of PostgreSQL?
>
> Hmm, I thought I replied to this, but I haven't seen it come back
> to me on list.  It's postgres version: 8.4.5.
>
> rpm -q shows
>
>    postgresql84-server-8.4.5-1.el5_5.1

I was hoping someone else would jump in, but I see that your

I'm curious whether you might have enabled one of the "it's OK to
trash my database integrity to boost performance" options.  (People
with enough replication often feel that this *is* OK.)  Please run
the query on this page and post the results:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Server_Configuration

Basically, if fsync or full_page_writes is turned off and there was
a crash, that explains it.  If not, it provides more information to
proceed.

You might want to re-start the thread on pgsql-general, though.  Not
everybody who might be able to help with a problem like this follows
the performance list.  Or, if you didn't set any of the dangerous
configuration options, this sounds like a bug -- so pgsql-bugs might
be even better.

-Kevin