Re: Inspect values of prepared statements

От Natalie Wenz
Тема Re: Inspect values of prepared statements
Дата
Re: Inspect values of prepared statements  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Oh, interesting. I didn't realize you could change that on the fly. That's helpful.

So, I tried turning statement logging on and that didn't give me any more detail. I think that is because the query I want to inspect is generating an error (which I failed to mention in my original question).

ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type double precision: "A"
STATEMENT:  insert into x (a,b,c,d,e,f) VALUES ($1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6)

columns c, d, e are all double precision, so I'm not sure which one has the bad data. If I knew what values $1 and $2 were, I could pinpoint the record that is generating the error.

So, my revised question: is there any way to inspect the values from a prepared statement when the query contains an error? Or some combination of logging settings that would give me that detail?

Thanks!