Re: Explicit joins

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Explicit joins
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Rishabh Kumar Jain <rishabh.widu@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am getting data from 10 tables in a view.
> I don't know on which pair of tables I have to add explicit joins
> to improve performance.

There's usually some fairly natural order in terms of understanding
the request.  I find it's often good to try to state in words what
data I want to see (*not* how I think I could get that data, but
describe logically which set of data I want), and list the tables in
the order the appear in that description.  The description will
naturally tend to include or imply your join conditions and other
selection criteria.

-Kevin