Re: Major features for 9.1

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Major features for 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Oleg Bartunov  wrote:

> Yes, SSI confuses me too. I used to use server sides includes in
> the eve of web. I think our SSI is a cool technology and wiki page
> is must to have. But I'd like to see useful examples.

I guess the question is whether we want to use a name for the
technology that is different from what those who first developed the
concepts used in their published papers.  I've tried to respect their
work by using their technology.

The current wiki page was used for organizing work and communicating
with the community during development.  I think it might be best to
keep it that way and start a new page for the user perspective and
examples (with links back and forth, of course).  I will be working
on that.

There is an example or two in the docs.  Basically you can take any
example from the last ten years of where you need to use table locks
or SELECT FOR UPDATE and it now doesn't need that.  Those make great
examples.  ;-)

-Kevin