Re: Clarification of pg_cotroldata output

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Clarification of pg_cotroldata output
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Melvin Davidson <mdavidson@icsolutions.com> wrote:

> When I execute pg_control on a warm standby cluster, I notice that
> often, "Time of latest checkpoint:" lags behind "pg_control last
> modified:".
>
> Is it documented anywhere the difference between "pg_control last
> modified:" and "Time of latest checkpoint:" ?

If it's documented, I haven't found it yet.  I generally find the
labels to be pretty descriptive, though.

"pg_control last modified" is the last time the server wrote control
information out to the disk.  "Time of latest checkpoint" is the
last time a checkpoint had been performed at the point when the
control data was last written.

-Kevin