Re: pgadmin3: can't locate server: what am I doing wrong?

От Fred Parkinson
Тема Re: pgadmin3: can't locate server: what am I doing wrong?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you for your quick and accurate reply.
I logged in as root, picked the 'add a connection...' option you suggested and voila!  The server is now visible to pgadmin3/root user.

Thanks again, Fred

Le 13/12/2010 17:20, Fred Parkinson a écrit :
> I am a longtime user of postgersql, using it as a backend and using odbc to connect and it has been an amazingly stable and useful database manager.

> Now, a longtime Windows user (disgruntled) I am trying to set up a development platform on a local Suse Linux box which includes a local install of postgresql.
> Last week I successfully installed postgersql and created a database, but today pgadmin3 doesn't seem to find it!
> Using the unix ps command I see there are postgre processes running, so the server is up.

> Logged in as user postgre and invoking pgadmin3, 'Server Groups' is empty.
> logged in as user root and 'server groups' is empty.
> logged in as fredrated and the server is there.

> Can someone explain what this means?  Why is the server only visible to this user?

Because only this user has configured access to this server. pgAdmin can
sometimes auto-detect local servers, but you shouldn't rely on this.
Usually, you should add them yourself to pgAdmin (first button on the
toolbar).

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr