Re: PANIC killing vacuum process

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: PANIC killing vacuum process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Silvio Brandani <silvio.brandani@tech.sdb.it> wrote:

> the postgres 9.0.x could be consider a stable version ?? or is
> better to wait 9.1 , in this case when will be released ??

You would gain nothing by waiting for 9.1.  9.0.x is no more or less
a stable version than 8.3.x.  It's the "x" which means something
regarding release maturity.  Since you had enough tolerance of
"early adopter" issues to have been using 8.3.1 until very recently,
you're probably OK with 9.0.1; but this time I would recommend
applying minor releases as they are published.  Over time people
find odd little corner cases where there are problems, and the
release becomes more stable as the patches to fix them are applied.

-Kevin