Re: Upgrade to 9 questions

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Upgrade to 9 questions
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Albert Kurucz <albert.kurucz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody could comment on the other one, about the version
> compatibility?

I generally go by what the download page says:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html#current

This currently recommends 9.0-801 for PostgreSQL version 7.2 or
newer.  I seem to remember some compatibility problems with using
the older driver against 9.0, although I don't remember what the
issues were.  I would be particularly skeptical about using an older
JDBC jar against 9.0 if you care about the JDBC metadata objects.
(It's hard for an old driver to know what future releases are doing
with the system tables.)

-Kevin