Re: Ingres statdump equivalent for postgresql

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Ingres statdump equivalent for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
<badair@epc-instore.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a tool that will enable me to dump the data
> frequency histograms for a postgresql table. This assumes of
> course that postgresql supports compilation and use of these sort
> of statistics. I've had a look through the manuals but nothing
> springs to the eye.

Did you look at the system catalogs in the documentation?  It sounds
like you want some of the information from pg_statistic in pretty
form?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/catalog-pg-statistic.html

You might also want to read about the ANALYZE command.

-Kevin