Re: please help me

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: please help me
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
pavankumar reddy <pavankumar.csn@gmail.com> wrote:

> working on postgresql 8.1.4

You need to at least get onto an 8.1 revision which is more recent.
You're missing over four years of bug fixes.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release.html

> 1)IAM UNABLE TO TAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF DATABASE

How are you attempting to make the backup?  What happens when you
try?

> 2)IAM UNABLE TO QUERY THE FULL DATA IN A PARTICULAR TABLE(where
> the database backup is stoping) giving an error like missing chunk
> number 0 for toast value  XXXXXX

Copy and paste is better than paraphrasing.

Please use capital letters more sparingly, and please read this
before your next post:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

It should help guide you to posting the information people need in
order to be more helpful.

From what you've posted so far, it appears that you have a database
corruption, so I feel safe in saying that your next step should be
to stop the database service and copy the entire data directory
tree.  Save this until you've been running without problems for a
few weeks or months.

-Kevin