Re: cache lookup failed for index

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: cache lookup failed for index
Дата
Re: cache lookup failed for index  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Nathan Robertson <nathan.robertson@gmail.com> wrote:

> The failure basically happened because the Django webapp we're
> running isn't effectively closing database connections. So, memory
> is completely filling up and causing the server to hang.
> Yesterday, when this happened it caused the entire network
> interface to become inoperable which meant that the iscsi
> connection to the shared drive stopped working and data became
> corrupt.
>
> I stopped the postgresql service before unmounting and remounting
> the target.

OK, I think the appropriate next step would be to try to run the
PostgreSQL cluster in single-user mode:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/app-postgres.html

Try to REINDEX pg_class_oid_index in that mode.  If that fails, it
might possibly help to run these statements and try the REINDEX
command again:

set enable_indexscan = off;
set enable_bitmapscan = off;

I hope this helps.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: cache lookup failed for index
Сообщение: Re: cache lookup failed for index