Re: Clarification required: autovacuum and VACUUM command mode

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Clarification required: autovacuum and VACUUM command mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Narasimha Murthy-VRFX87" <VRFX87@motorola.com> wrote:

> I am using a 3rd party application, which in turn using PostgreSQL
> DB. I can not change/tune the SQL queries, performed by the 3rd
> party application. Hence, the statistics generated by ANALYZE, is of
no
> use to me. That is the reason, I have planned not to run ANALYZE.

I think perhaps you're misunderstanding what ANALYZE does.  Did that
vendor specifically tell you to disable ANALYZE?  Unless they're
doing some analysis of the distribution of data and creating their
own statistics (remotely possible but highly unusual), the
statistics generated by ANALYZE will be required to allow the
queries they've written to execute efficiently.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Clarification required: autovacuum and VACUUM command mode
Сообщение: Re: Clarification required: autovacuum and VACUUM command mode