choosing RAID level for xlogs

От Anjan Dave
Тема choosing RAID level for xlogs
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi,

One simple question. For 125 or more checkpoint segments (checkpoint_timeout is 600 seconds, shared_buffers are at 21760 or 170MB) on a very busy database, what is more suitable, a separate 6 disk RAID5 volume, or a RAID10 volume? Databases will be on separate spindles. Disks are 36GB 15KRPM, 2Gb Fiber Channel. Performance is paramount, but I don’t want to use RAID0.

PG7.4.7 on RHAS 4.0

I can provide more info if needed.

Appreciate some recommendations!

Thanks,

Anjan

---
This email message and any included attachments constitute confidential and privileged information intended exclusively for the listed addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Vantage by immediately telephoning 215-579-8390, extension 1158. In addition, please reply to this message confirming your receipt of the same in error. A copy of your email reply can also be sent to support@vantage.com. Please do not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the contents of this information. Kindly destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Any other use of this email is prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation. For more information about Vantage, please visit our website at http://www.vantage.com.
---