Re: New server to improve performance on our large and busy DB - advice? (v2)

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: New server to improve performance on our large and busy DB - advice? (v2)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will say that XFS seems to be a very stable file system, and we
> use it for some of our databases with no problems at all.  But
> most of our stuff sits on ext3 because it's stable and reliable
> and fast enough.

Our PostgreSQL data directories are all on xfs, with everything else
(OS, etc) on ext3.  We've been happy with it, as long as we turn off
write barriers, which is only save with a RAID controller with BBU
cache.

> And as always, test the crap outta your setup, cause the time to
> find problems is before you put a machine into production.

Absolutely.

-Kevin