Re: Solution - Virus Found in Mail

От Sartorelli, Kevin
Тема Re: Solution - Virus Found in Mail
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>> I got the same when replying to Gary's email.  Must be
>> a string in the email that is fooling the virus scanner.
> I believe any email sent to topnz.ac.nz produces
> a false postive.

Sorry about the messages folks, but our virus scanner threw a wobbly and started sending virus alerts for every mail
thatcame in (or went out).  I've since found the problem and bashed it into shape.  The problem stemmed from a message
thathad an attached infected file called .bat (that's right, only an extension).  This caused the scanner to throw up
it'shands in horror and reject all mail.  Not too bad as it's functioned perfectly for the last four odd years (still
notgood enough though).

I've got hundreds of messages to now sift through and release, as well as many apologies to make :-(

Cheers
Kevin Sartorelli
(Postmaster and subscriber to psql-admin)