Re: I know part of the function name, how I can search for it from the CLI

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: I know part of the function name, how I can search for it from the CLI
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I know part of the function name "get_registration_auth" (this part
> of its name) while its name might be
> "voipdb_get_registration_auth_gnugk", how can I search for the
> functions that its name contain "get_registration_auth"?

From within psql you can type:

\df *get_registration_auth*

> Also if I donot know if "get_registration_auth" if a function or
> view or store procedure, but I am sure there is a table or function
> or view or store procedure which contain this name, so how can I
> find it?

I would probably just do \d and \df for it.

> - By the way: Does Postgresql has GUI? How to get it?

This is a frequently asked question.  Follow the link from the FAQ:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#Does_PostgreSQL_have_a_graphical_user_interface.3F

It might not hurt to scan the FAQ to help you get started.

-Kevin