Re: need some help with pl-pgsql

От justin
Тема Re: need some help with pl-pgsql
Дата
Re: need some help with pl-pgsql
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver wrote:
----- "justin" <justin@emproshunts.com> wrote:

Adrian Klaver wrote:

Would help to see the
whole function. Also make sure you did not name one of
the variables the same as a column name, this will confuse plpgsql.
Are you
using the same value for wo_id in the function as in the manual select
statement?

First the funciton has been running for months and never has had a
problem. No changes to the database scheme. Second use variable naming
scheme completely different from column names. _ always is the first
character in variables. p is always the first character in passed
parameters.

Take a look at the screen shot and be in aw as i am

postproduction(pwoid integer, pqty numeric, pbackflush boolean,
pbackflushoperations boolean, pitemlocseries integer, psuuser text,
prnuser text, pdate date)
RETURNS integer AS
$BODY$ DECLARE
_woNumber TEXT;
_itemlocSeries INTEGER;

_parentQty NUMERIC;
_qty NUMERIC;
_TotalCost numeric;

BEGIN

IF (pQty <= 0) THEN
RETURN 0;
END IF;

IF ( ( SELECT wo_status
FROM wo
WHERE (wo_id=pWoid) ) NOT IN ('R','E','I') ) THEN
RETURN -1;
END IF;

--If this is item type Job then we are using the wrong function
SELECT item_type INTO _check
FROM wo, itemsite, item
WHERE ((wo_id=pWoid)
AND (wo_itemsite_id=itemsite_id)
AND (itemsite_item_id=item_id)
AND (item_type = 'J'));

IF (FOUND) THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION 'Work orders for job items are posted when quantities
are shipped on the associated sales order';
END IF;

SELECT formatWoNumber(pWoid) INTO _woNumber;

SELECT roundQty(item_fractional, pQty) INTO _parentQty
FROM wo,
itemsite,
item
WHERE ((wo_itemsite_id=itemsite_id)
AND (itemsite_item_id=item_id)
AND (wo_id=pWoid));

-- Create the material receipt transaction
IF (pItemlocSeries = 0) THEN
SELECT NEXTVAL('itemloc_series_seq') INTO _itemlocSeries;
ELSE
_itemlocSeries = pItemlocSeries;
END IF;

--Lets get Wips Current total cost
Select (wo_wipvalue/wo_qtyord)
into _TotalCost
from wo
where wo_id = pWoid ;
--Moves WIP into Inventory.
SELECT postInvTrans( itemsite_id,
'RM',
_parentQty,
'W/O',
'WO',
_woNumber,
'',
'Receive Inventory from Manufacturing',
costcat_asset_accnt_id,
costcat_wip_accnt_id,
_itemlocSeries,
true,
_TotalCost,
pDate::timestamp ) INTO _invhistid
FROM wo,
itemsite,
costcat
WHERE ( (wo_itemsite_id=itemsite_id)
AND (itemsite_costcat_id=costcat_id)
AND (wo_id=pWoid) );

-- Increase this W/O's received qty decrease its WIP value
UPDATE wo SET
wo_qtyrcv = (wo_qtyrcv + _parentQty),
wo_wipvalue = (wo_wipvalue - (_TotalCost*pQty))
FROM itemsite,
item
WHERE ((wo_itemsite_id=itemsite_id)
AND (itemsite_item_id=item_id)
AND (wo_id=pWoid));

-- Make sure the W/O is at issue status
UPDATE wo SET
wo_status='I'
WHERE (wo_id=pWoid);

RETURN _itemlocSeries;

END;
$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE
COST 100;
ALTER FUNCTION postproduction(integer, numeric, boolean, boolean,
integer, text, text, date) OWNER TO justin;
GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION postproduction(integer, numeric, boolean,
boolean, integer, text, text, date) TO justin;
GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION postproduction(integer, numeric, boolean,
boolean, integer, text, text, date) TO public;
Hmmm. A couple of suggestions while I ponder this more. For clarity sake decide on a case scheme. I start getting twitchy when I see pwoid and pWoid refer to the same thing. This depends on case folding being consistent, not something I like to count on. Second you might want to put in a few RAISE NOTICE statements to see what values are being pulled from the db for wo_wipvalue and wo_qtyord and what is being supplied to the WHERE clause for pWoid.

Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.ne

I have taken your idea and made sure all the variables all appear the same and add raise notice for each portion of the command that is failing.

NOTICE:  _wipvalue: <NULL>
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT postProduction(  $1 ,  $2 , FALSE, false, 0, Current_User, Current_User,  $3  )"
PL/pgSQL function "forceclosewo" line 66 at SQL statement

NOTICE:  _wipqty: 1.00000000
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT postProduction(  $1 ,  $2 , FALSE, false, 0, Current_User, Current_User,  $3  )"
PL/pgSQL function "forceclosewo" line 66 at SQL statement

NOTICE:  _wipvalue/_wipqty= <NULL>
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT postProduction(  $1 ,  $2 , FALSE, false, 0, Current_User, Current_User,  $3  )"
PL/pgSQL function "forceclosewo" line 66 at SQL statement

NOTICE:  pwoid: 6916
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT postProduction(  $1 ,  $2 , FALSE, false, 0, Current_User, Current_User,  $3  )"
PL/pgSQL function "forceclosewo" line 66 at SQL statement

NOTICE:  TotalCost: <NULL>
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT postProduction(  $1 ,  $2 , FALSE, false, 0, Current_User, Current_User,  $3  )"
PL/pgSQL function "forceclosewo" line 66 at SQL statement

So it appears that something is causing _wipvalue to get set to NULL somewhere else in the code.  Now when running the failing select statement manually  works is because the modified record is still not committed yet and its reading the unmodified record.

the ForceCloseWo() calls several other functions before PostProduction() that beat on the header record a few times.  ForceCloseWo does extactly what it sounds like closes Work Orders forcible  based on default values set in the database.  I'm betting this record has some flaky setting somewhere thats either in the posting of raw material or  labor operations.

its late i'm going to bed fight this again later this morning.

thanks