Re: Filesystem Backup

От David Stanaway
Тема Re: Filesystem Backup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 12:54  AM, manav wrote:

I am reinstalling postgresql server on my linux workstation and\ I did
a filesystem backup of ../pgsql/data/*, but when I deleted the data
directory and reconstructed it from my backup (without the reinstall,
just to check if things would work) I started seeing errors (I mv' the
data directory twice...)</smaller></fontfamily>

"postmaster.opt.default not found in
../pgsql/data/postmaster.opt.default' and when I created an empty file
it said '../pgsql/data/base/template1/pg_class not found'.</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>

What version of PostgreSQL do you have installed? Is it the same
version as the data directory that you backed up?

I had the problem once when I was experimenting with a different
filesystem that I messed up the ownership/perms of the data directory.

Is it owned by the user that postmaster runs as? (pgsql or postgres
depending on distribution)

David Stanaway

Personal: david@stanaway.net