Re: Don't Thread On Me (PostgreSQL related)

От Rodrigo E. De León Plicet
Тема Re: Don't Thread On Me (PostgreSQL related)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 26, 4:52 pm, Rodrigo E. De León Plicet <rdele...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Quote:

> This thread
>
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Multithread-Query-Planner-td5...
>
> was mentioned in a performance sub-group posting. Give it a read.
>
> Back? It means, so far as I can see, that PG is toast. It will fall
> down to being the cheap and dirty alternative to MySql, which even
> has, at least two, multi-threaded engines. DB2 switched it's *nix
> engine to threads from processes with release 9.5. Oracle claims it
> for releases going back to 7 (I haven't tried to determine which parts
> or applications; Larry has bought so many tchochtkes over the
> years...). SQL Server is threaded.
>
> Given that cpu's are breeding threads faster than cores,
> PG will fall into irrelevance.

> Source:http://drcoddwasright.blogspot.com/2012/01/dont-thread-on-me.html
>
> Comments?

Author's followup:

http://drcoddwasright.blogspot.com/2012/02/damn-you-damocles.html

От: Charlie
Сообщение: Re: \copy: unexpected response (4)
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Don't Thread On Me (PostgreSQL related)