Re: shared memory settings on MAC OS X

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: shared memory settings on MAC OS X
Дата
Re: shared memory settings on MAC OS X  (Brendan Duddridge <brendan@clickspace.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Maximilian Tyrtania <mty@fischerappelt.de> writes:
> Tom, I suspect you have Mac OS X Server installed, right? That's probably
> why your /etc/sysctl.conf file mentions that /etc/sysctl-macosxserver.conf
> file, while mine doesn't.

Uh, no, I'm looking at my laptop.  Curious that yours has no reference
to the other file.

> And frankly, to me it looks as if it means "if there is a /etc/sysctl.conf
> file, then read it and accept its settings. Then overwrite the sysctl
> settings with the default values, no matter what."

You're forgetting the point I made that the first complete set of shmem
settings wins.  If we could change the settings on the fly after that,
all this would be a whole lot easier, but the OSX kernel locks them down
somehow.

BTW, I dunno if you read awk at all, but that awk command effectively
says "print lines that contain = and do not contain #".  You didn't try
appending comments to the setting lines in your file did you?