Re: hardware and For PostgreSQL

От Ron St-Pierre
Тема Re: hardware and For PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: hardware and For PostgreSQL  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-performance
Joe Uhl wrote:
> I realize there are people who discourage looking at Dell, but i've been
> very happy with a larger ball of equipment we ordered recently from
> them.  Our database servers consist of a PowerEdge 2950 connected to a
> PowerVault MD1000 with a 1 meter SAS cable.

We have a similar piece of equipment from Dell (the PowerEdge), and when
we had a problem with it we received excellent service from them. When
our raid controller went down (machine < 1 year old), Dell helped to
diagnose the problem and installed a new one at our hosting facility,
all within 24 hours.

fyi

Ron

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Hardware for PostgreSQL
От: Sami Dalouche
Сообщение: [Fwd: Re: Outer joins and Seq scans]