Re: hashjoin chosen over 1000x faster plan

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: hashjoin chosen over 1000x faster plan
Дата
Re: hashjoin chosen over 1000x faster plan
Список pgsql-performance
<1192042492.4233.334.camel@ebony.site>, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:

> But the planner doesn't work on probability. It works on a best-guess
> selectivity, as known at planning time.

The point I'm trying to make is that at planning time the
pg_statistic row for this "Charge"."reopHistSeqNo" column showed
stanullfrac as 0.989; it doesn't seem to have taken this into account
when making its guess about how many rows would be joined when it was
compared to the primary key column of the "CaseHist" table.  I'm
suggesting that it might be a good thing if it did.

-Kevin