Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

От Thomas Bräutigam
Тема Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Joshua

The problem is this that I need this ports for my default postgres database.

Is it than possible to have 2 default postgres databases in parallel? Same ports etc.....?

Right now I just used the hammer method and removed the packages from the Solaris 10 version, but this seem to be not
theelegant version of doin it.

Cheers Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D. Drake [mailto:jd@commandprompt.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 30. April 2008 01:52
To: Thomas Bräutigam
Cc: J.K.Shah@Sun.COM; Robert.Lor@Sun.COM; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 01:47:02 +0200
Thomas Bräutigam <thomas.braeutigam@nexustelecom.com> wrote:

> Hi Jignesh,
>
> But than I have the problem that I have 2 installations of postgres
> with default settings on one machine. Is it possible to have two
> installations with default settings on one machine?
>
> Do they not interrupt each other with ports or something else....?

You will want to change the ports they run on. It may also affect your kernel settings such as shmmax.

Joshua D. Drake

--
The PostgreSQL Company since 1997: http://www.commandprompt.com/ PostgreSQL Community Conference:
http://www.postgresqlconference.org/

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
От: Thomas Bräutigam
Сообщение: Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10