Re: Using Postgresql as application server

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Using Postgresql as application server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 17, 2011, at 1:05 AM, Sim Zacks wrote:

> One problem we have with LISTEN/NOTIFY (and I haven't found the cause for this yet) is every once in a while my
daemonstops listening. It may be after a month of use or longer, and may be caused by the database being restarted or
somethingsimilar. When the daemon stops listening, it doesn't give any errors or indication that it isn't working
anymore.

So your daemon has a bug. When the database is restarted, connections will be closed, and the daemon should certainly
noticethat. Of course the cause may be something else, but either way I doubt it's a problem with NOTIFY/LISTEN.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: Using Postgresql as application server
От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: Using Postgresql as application server