Re: [DOCS] Contrib modules documentation online

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [DOCS] Contrib modules documentation online
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Contrib modules documentation online  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>
>> If we go ahead with this, I'll commit to doing a contrib README
>> cleanup so the doc system works better.
>>

> Why wouldn't we just remove the README files altogether?  I can't
> see maintaining duplicate sets of documentation.

Right.

Also, let's recall what has previously been discussed for contrib,
namely that we break it out into standard modules (think Perl standard
modules) and other tools, and that we abandon the wholly misleading
"contrib" name altogether. I really want to see that happen next
release. Getting the modules properly documented is a very important
milestone along the way to getting that done. Maybe then the modules
will be considered more first class citizens (until the buildfarm came
along they were often hardly tested at all).

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Contrib modules documentation online
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Contrib modules documentation online