problem running postgres server on startup

От Joe Barwell
Тема problem running postgres server on startup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello people,

I was too hasty. Yesterday I wrote that adding the line:

POSTGRESQL82-SERVER=-YES-

to the file /etc/hostconfig would make postgres server run
on startup (Mac 10.3.9) (according to the macports
installation), but in fact it does not. Can anyone suggest
what I need to alter to make it work? Is there a log file
that'll tell me what's happening during startup?

Cheers!

Joe