Re: Append table

От Arjen van der Meijden
Тема Re: Append table
Дата
Re: Append table  ("Hanu Kurubar" <hanu.kurubar@gmail.com>)
Re: Append table  (Chander Ganesan <chander@otg-nc.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
There are two solutions:
You can insert all data from tableB in tableA using a simple insert
select-statement like so:
INSERT INTO tabelA SELECT EmpId, EmpName FROM tabelB;

Or you can visually combine them without actually putting the records in
a single table. That can be with a normal select-union statement or with
a view, something like this:
SELECT EmpId, EmpName FROM tabelA UNION EmpID, EmpName FROM tabelB;

You can use this query as a table-generating subquery in a FROM-clause,
like so:

SELECT * FROM (SELECT EmpId, EmpName FROM tabelA UNION EmpID, EmpName
FROM tabelB) as emps WHERE EmpId = 1;

Or with the view:
CREATE VIEW tabelC AS SELECT EmpId, EmpName FROM tabelA UNION EmpID,
EmpName FROM tabelB;

And then you can use the view as if it was a normal table (altough
inserts are not possible without applying rules to them, see the manual
for that).

SELECT * FROM tabelC WHERE EmpId = 1;

Best regards,

Arjen