Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization

От Benjamin Minshall
Тема Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:

> OK, I was trying to correlate it with post-8.2.0 patches but evidently
> that's the wrong tree to bark up.  No, this isn't an expected behavior.

I talked with a co-worker and discovered that we went from 8.1.5 to
8.2.2, ran a few hours then went to 8.2.3 after the patch was released.
  I do not know if the high utilization was a problem during the few
hours on 8.2.2.

> Is there anything unusual about your database (huge numbers of tables,
> or some such)?

Nothing unusual.  I have a few databases of about 10GB each; the
workload is mostly inserts using COPY or parameterized INSERTS inside
transaction blocks.

> Can you gather some info about what it's doing?
> strace'ing the stats collector might prove interesting, also if you have
> built it with --enable-debug then oprofile results would be helpful.

I will gather some strace info later today when I have a chance to
shutdown the server.

Thanks.

--
Benjamin Minshall <minshall@intellicon.biz>
Senior Developer -- Intellicon, Inc.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization
Сообщение: Re: stats collector process high CPU utilization