Re: Problems with pgsql-announce

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Problems with pgsql-announce
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> 1) I thougth we'd set up pgsql-announce so that it didn't bounce to the
>> sender?   I'm still getting 20-30 bounce messages every time I post to
>> -announce.
>
> Could be misconfigured on the sender's end. If you want, send me a list
> of the offenders and I'll remove 'em. That goes for anyone else as well.
>
>> 2) For some reason, I got four duplicate checksum warnings for *one*
>> posting to announce.  Example:
>
> Yeah, something weird is going on there. From looking at the moderation
> queue, it seems everyone is getting three or four duplicates. Maybe
> we can simply turn that off, Marc?

I think we've seen a lot of examples of that "partial message duplicate"
filter blocking things it shouldn't. I know Dave had some problems
before, and at some point it started blocking almost all mail to the
slaves list (because those are very similar *by design*).

Do we have any indication that this helps *at all*? If not, we should
just turn it off on all the lists...

Which reminds me - I saw several emails pop through today after spending
>48 hours in the Maia Mailguard. Does that one actually help noticably
for list traffic, or just for mailboxes? Because it certainly happens
often that it slows down or stops list traffic completely..

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Greg Sabino Mullane"
Сообщение: Re: Problems with pgsql-announce
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Problems with pgsql-announce