Re: Low throughput of binary inserts from windows to

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Low throughput of binary inserts from windows to
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
<5e66c6e90612110658r3c0918f6v4fd3682363db5c15@mail.gmail.com>, "Axel
Waggershauser" <awagger@web.de> wrote:

> I'm out of ideas here, maybe someone could try to reproduce this
> behavior or could point me to the thread containing relevant
> information

No guarantees that this is the problem, but I have seen similar issues
in other software because of delays introduced in the TCP stack by the
Nagle algorithm.  Turning on TCP_NODELAY has solved such problems.  I
don't know if PostgreSQL is vulnerable to this, or how it would be fixed
in a PostgreSQL environment, but it might give you another avenue to
search.

-Kevin