Re: Postgresql takes more time to update

От Peter Koczan
Тема Re: Postgresql takes more time to update
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 10/23/07, Suresh Gupta VG <suresh.g@zensar.com> wrote:

Hi Peter,

1)       We are using "psql 7.4.2" version of Postgresql, need to create a new schema similar to the current schema with all the objects as in the current schema. Do we have any command to support this operation?

If you upgrade to the newest release in the 7.4 branch, you should just have to stop the database server and start the new version of postgres. If you are upgrading to an 8.x version (8.0, 8.1, or 8.2), you'll have to dump/restore using the method Scott mentioned.

2)       We need to shift all the data between 2 different databases in 2 different servers. What is the best way to go either backup or copy command?

Again, it depends on if you're going with the newest 7.4 release or a new 8.x release. For the newest 7.4, you can simply rsync or do a straight copy of the file system. If you're going with 8.x, you'll need to dump/restore using the method Scott mentioned.

3)        Any equivalent command to export and import commands in Oracle/SQL.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about Oracle to answer that question.

Peter