Re: Poor performance on seq scan

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Poor performance on seq scan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> Craig A. James wrote:
>>
>> There IS a bug for SATA disk drives in some versions of the Linux
>> kernel.  On a lark I ran some of the I/O tests in this thread, and
>> much to my surprise discovered my write speed was 6 MB/sec ... ouch!
>> On an identical machine, different kernel, the write speed was 54 MB/sec.
> My disks are running in SATA150 mode. Whatever it means.
>
> I'm using FreeBSD, and not just because it dynamically alters the
> priority of long running  processes. :-)

I dunno if this has been suggested, but try changing the sysctl
vfs.read_max. The default is 8 and results in horrible RAID performance
(having said that, not sure if RAID1 is effected, only striped RAID
levels...), anyway try 16 or 32 and see if you seq IO rate improves at
all (tho the underlying problem does look like a poor SATA
chipset/driver combination).

I also found that building your ufs2 filesystems with 32K blocks and 4K
fragments improved sequential performance considerably (even for 8K reads).

Cheers

Mark

Сообщение: Re: Bad plan for join to aggregate of join.
Сообщение: Re: Bad plan for join to aggregate of join.