Re: PostgreSQL+Hibernate Performance

От Kranti K K Parisa™
Тема Re: PostgreSQL+Hibernate Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks Mark,

We are using DBCP and i found something about pgpool in some forum threads, which gave me queries on it. But I am clear now.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Mark Lewis <mark.lewis@mir3.com> wrote:
Yes, we use connection pooling.  As I recall Hibernate ships with c3p0
connection pooling built-in, which is what we use.  We were happy enough
with c3p0 that we ended up moving our other non-hibernate apps over to
it, away from DBCP.

pgpool does connection pooling at a socket level instead of in a local
library level, so really it's a very different thing.  If your app is
the only thing talking to this database, and you don't have a
multi-database configuration, then it will be easier for you to use a
Java-based connection pooling library like c3p0 or DBCP than to use
pgpool.

-- Mark

--

Best Regards