Re: reg:FilePath error

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: reg:FilePath error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
If you can't easily use the PostgreSQL extension to SQL, but need to
have string literal behavior conform to the ANSI and ISO standards, I
have submitted a patch for the 8.2 TODO item to support this.  Since we
needed it in production mode now, the patch I submitted was relative to
the 8.1 stable branch.  As far as I know, it has not been reviewed, so
there may be issues I missed, but I can say that we have been using in
production for several weeks, with maybe 20 million database
transactions per day across 8 servers runing on Windows and Linux, and
have not seen any problems with it.

If you search the lists for it, be sure to take the last patch from the
patches list, there were several iterations to this, and you don't want
the earlier ones.

-Kevin

>>> "sandhya" <sandhyar@amiindia.co.in>  >>>
Hi....

When i am trying to insert a string data into my table which has few
escape sequence characters...The entire string is not getting inserted.
Like Ex:
If my String data is

C:\ProgramFiles\SampleFiles\General\back.doc

C:\ProgramFiles\SampleFiles\General\rback.gif

C:\ProgramFiles\SampleFiles\General\nback.rar etc like this.

But in my table the string is getting stored as,

C:ProgramFilesSampleFilesGeneraack.doc

Where as the other Strings without these characters are getting inserted
fine.How is this happening?How the Strings are getting stored into the
Tables?

Bcoz of this \b,\n and \r characters..I am unable to store my data into
the database and retrieve it.

Is there any Solution that we have?Or we need to Take care of these
situations/cases?

Please give me your Suggestions to resolve this issue..
Thank you very much..
Regards,
Sandhya R