reindexdb script required in 8.1?

От David Wall
Тема reindexdb script required in 8.1?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 and want to be sure I'm making the changes
that are required.

For my backups, I have removed the option --blobs because it says this
is no longer needed.  I guess the backup automatically includes blobs now?

I have also been running the contributed 'reindexdb' script by Shaun
Thomas in my backups.  Is that still necessary?  It does not appear to
be part of the contrib area anymore.

Also, my backup scripts still run vacuumlo.  I rebuilt that in 8.1 and
am using that.  Is that still required or is vacuumlo part of the new
8.1 vacuum capabilities?

Lastly, do I still need to run vacuum analyze from time to time update
my stats, or is that done automatically?  I read about how some vacuums
are automatic, but it's not clear if this auto-vacuum is activated by
default or not and I'm not sure how I specify that I want this to occur.

Thanks,
David