Re: how do you automate database backups?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: how do you automate database backups?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Since you mentioned multiple backups per day, I thought you
might want to look at the the Point In Time Recovery option, as
well as the pg_dump approach.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/backup.html

>>> Ferindo Middleton Jr <fmiddleton@verizon.net>  >>>
Are there tools available to automate backing up databases? I would like

to setup my PostgreSQL install to automatically backup databases and
save the file to specific location at specific times of the day with
little to no user intervention... I'd like to know how to do this in
both Windows and Linux. I imagine I could write some kind of script or
something on my Linux server but I have absolutely no idea how to
implement this on a computer running Windows.

I would imagine this could be implemented through the OS but are there
built-in features of the database itself that can implement automated
backups?

Ferindo