Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10.1 fails to start: server did not start intime

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10.1 fails to start: server did not start intime
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/10/2017 01:01 PM, Adam Brusselback wrote:
>> You might want to increase pg_ctl's wait timeout for this situation,
>> since the default's evidently too little.  However ...
> Got it, thanks.
>
>> ... pg_ctl itself wouldn't decide to forcibly shut down the server
>> if the timeout expired.  It merely stops waiting and tells you so.
>> It seems like this must represent misdesign of whatever start script
>> you're using.  I think you need to complain to the Debian packagers
>> about that.
>
> Hmm, interesting.  I installed from this repo:
> http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ stretch-pgdg main
>
> I was assuming someone in the Postgres project was involved in
> packaging it.  Do you know who I should reach out to in that case?

I'm pretty sure Christoph Berg is at least involved. I cc'd him here in
case he misses this thread.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

От: Adam Brusselback
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10.1 fails to start: server did not start in time
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10.1 fails to start: server did not start in time