Re: db sever seems to be dropping connections

От Rushabh Doshi
Тема Re: db sever seems to be dropping connections
Дата
Re: db sever seems to be dropping connections  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom,

This is my problem. I have a connection to the database using DB->connect.
Apparently, this connection sits idle for around an hour or so because of my
application, and after that it has to do something. So I check that if the
handle is still a valid one or not. If it's not, then re-establish the
connection and use that handle. This works fine. However, when the time comes
to destroy all the handles, the first handle (stale) seems to be throwing
warning/error messages on exit.

DBI handle: DBI::db=HASH(0x907045c)  # this is the latest handle
result of disconnect: 1
DBI handle: DBI::db=HASH(0x9480bdc)  # this is the stale handle
DBD::Pg::db disconnect failed: rollback failed at *** line 241.
result of disconnect:
disconnect failed for DBI::db=HASH(0x9480bdc):  DBD::Pg::db disconnect
failed: rollback failed at *** line 241.

I've used evals in the DESTROY to avoid these messages. Still this keeps
happening. I've tried using connect_cached but to no effect.

Thanks,
--Rushabh Doshi