Re: HELP speed up my Postgres

От Klint Gore
Тема Re: HELP speed up my Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:00:32 +0800, JM <jerome@gmanmi.tv> wrote:
>         update SUBSCRIPTIONTABLE set ACTIVEFLAG='Y' where mobile_num in (select
> mobile_num from LOADED_MOBILE_NUMBERS)

does loaded_mobile_numbers have a primary key or index on mobile_num?
same for subscriptiontable?
have you analyzed both tables?
is mobile_num the same type in both tables?

how does this query compare?
   update SUBSCRIPTIONTABLE set ACTIVEFLAG='Y'
   from loaded_mobile_numbers
   where subscriptiontable.mobile_num = LOADED_MOBILE_NUMBERS.mobile_num

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :

Сообщение: Re: HELP speed up my Postgres
Сообщение: Re: HELP speed up my Postgres