Re: urgent query

От Chris Mair
Тема Re: urgent query
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> i want to migrate my database made in SQL server 2000.i tried this with
> the transformation wizard available in SQL server 2000.i've successfully
> export the tables from my SQL server 2000 database to PostgreSQL
> database.but the stored procedures were not imported.
>
> so please tell me how could i migrate complete database including
> tables,stored procedures,user functions etc

SQL server's TransactSQL and PostgreSQL's PL/pgsql are quite different
languages. It won't be as easy as using a wizard to translate between the
two. I'm afraid you'll have to rewrite your procedures.

The PL/pgsql docs can be found here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/plpgsql.html

Bye,
Chris.